The following is an overview of the requirements for the major in Comparative Literature.
- All course requirements must be taken for a letter grade and passed with a grade of mid-C or better.
- Online courses cannot be used to satisfy COLT major requirements.
- All exceptions to stated course requirements must be approved by the Comparative Literature Director of Undergraduate Studies, Dr. Dawn Marlan. Students are advised to seek exceptions prior to enrolling in the course.
- Two lower-division COLT electives
- One 300-level COLT elective
- COLT 301 Approaches to Comparative Literature
- One of the following
- COLT 302 (Theories of Poetry)
- COLT 303 (Theories of the Novel)
- COLT 304 (Theories of Drama)
- COLT 305 Cultural Studies
- One 400-level elective
- COLT 415 Capstone Seminar