The following is an overview of the requirements for the major in Comparative Literature. Students work with the Undergraduate Adviser, Dr. Dawn Marlan, to develop a specific plan of study.
All course requirements listed below must be completed in order to graduate with a major in Comparative Literature. Courses must be passed with a grade of mid-C or better.
- Two lower-division COLT electives
- One 300-level COLT elective
- COLT 301 Approaches to Comparative Literature
- One of the following
- COLT 302 (Theories of Poetry)
- COLT 303 (Theories of the Novel)
- COLT 304 (Theories of Drama)
- COLT 305 Cultural Studies
- One 400-level elective
- COLT 415 Capstone Seminar